Sunday 18 August 2013

We are living in a material world...

...and I am (without a doubt) a material girl. Now, granted Madonna may not have had the same material in mind when she penned her 80s pop classic, but I am pleased to report the song is still as relevant to me today as I’m sure it was to her back in the day!

So, I hear you ask, what has been going on at Rascal & Roses HQ? Why on earth has there been 12 days since your last post? Well dear readers we have been busy busy busy! In fact, things have picked up pace at an astonishing rate. So, in no particular order I am pleased to announce the following exciting news; Rascal & Roses are getting a new website, you are soon going to be able to buy Rascal & Roses from our new distributor (more details to follow) and we have lots and lots of new fabric to start making some gorgeous new pieces.

Now, I understand that until the internet allows you to feel just how lovely my new fabric is you won’t quite appreciate just how fabulous it is, so for the while you will just have to trust me. It is glorious, so smooth and silky and thick and lovely and however good my photography skills are (point of information: they are rubbish) you will never be able to understand quite how bright and beautiful they are. So, in the absence of a tunnel in your computer which will take you directly to my studio (spare bedroom) you will just have to take my word for it. The fabrics are glorious.

My favourite (although admittedly slightly gypsy- carnivalesque) is a multicoloured Manuel Canovas stripe.  Don’t panic though, for those that prefer not to have to wear sunglasses in their breakfast room there are some relaxing more muted tones in the shape of GP & J Baker’s famous Threads range I have put a few pics below to get you in the mood for some things to come.* But quite frankly, whichever way you cut it, its hard to ruin a piece of furniture when your start point is such extraordinary designer fabrics. I must leave you now as I have to tend to my really quite serious addiction to Pinterest. Pop over and visit, but I must warn you it is a time thief.

*Alas due to a technical “hitch” (the rascal threw my phone with all pics into a glass of water) photos will be uploaded shortly (I hope).

Update; hitch rectified-don't ask how...photo now available in glorious technicolour!


No comments:

Post a Comment